Sunday, April 19, 2009

Event ID 9 :: iaStorv

My Experience:
I experienced sessions of lag or pauses on my computer following this error. After looking in my event log I found 2,434 instances of this error.

Source: iaStorV
Event ID: 9

The device, \Device\Ide\iaStor0, did not respond within the timeout period.


The Cause:
It appears to be connected to Intel RAID or Philips DVDRW drives.


The Fix:
Some people recommend switching the SATA cables if you are using a desktop, but another simpler solution is to alter the registry. (and as always use caution when altering the registry)
  1. Click the Start Button in Vista and type "regedit" then hit enter.
  2. Click OK on the UAC prompt if enabled.
  3. Navigate through the folders to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\
  4. Find the iaStorV folder and delete the folder within called "Parameter"
  5. Find the iaStor folder and delete the folder within called "Parameter"
  6. Restart your computer

My Results
:
After using this fix, there are no longer random pauses or lag. There have not been any more Event 9's in my Event Log, and no adverse effects on my cd drive or in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment