Friday, May 1, 2009

Cannot Move/Edit/Delete Files

My Experience:
I had problems moving, editing, and most of all deleting files that my computer told me that I had no permissions to. The way to give yourself permissions is grueling pain and takes about 10 clicks and typing. Oh, the misery.

The Cause:
Vista permissions weren't built to mesh with XP very well or in general so it doesn't allow you to do things that you should be able to do.

The Fix:
Best. Download. Ever. I take no credit for this little program/registry edit, and I love whoever made it. This simple button gets put in your right click menu and allows you to take permission of a file or a whole folder and all the files underneath it in one click... well two technically.

Click here to Take Ownership of Vista


My Results:
I've used this countless times to edit and delete files. For all the posts I have about removing things from the shell right click menu, this is 100x better than those are bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment